Watch the Green Women’s Declaration webinar in which women from the Green Party of England and Wales who have been suspended by the party for their Gender Critical views discuss how the process is the punishment in the complaints system. Chaired by Pallavi Devulapalli with guests Dawn Furness, Emma Bateman, Alison Teal and Zoe Hatch, which took place online at 7:30pm on Monday 4th December 2023.
So many of you have already emailed us or spoken out on social media in abject shock and horror in response to the stories you heard during our webinar. Until now, the complaints process has been masked by a veil of secrecy. That means very few members have been able to truly understand the extent of our broken systems and how they are being weaponised to silence Gender Critical voices.
Many of you have also asked how you can help to further our aims to support women speaking out and advocate for women’s issues to be protected in the party. Here are six ideas:
- SPEAK to someone in your local party – many members have no idea about the corruption in the party by the Gender Identity factions. Start small.
- Share the Webinar video and this information sheet with friends and colleagues, or on social media. Sunlight is the best disinfectant and we need to shine a light on the corruption and broken processes within the party so we can put a stop to it.
- WRITE to your Regional Council member – see contacts below. Ask them about the consequences of the multiple court cases for discrimination, the real potential of bankruptcy, and the ultimate collapse of the entire Green Party.
- Help us build a body of evidence demonstrating harm to the party. We know that people often make public statements on Social Media when they leave the party over this issue, will you help us collect those statements by forwarding them to firstname.lastname@example.org We want to demonstrate that the leadership’s continued silence on this issue only perpetuates harm to the party and to our hardworking members and campaigners.
- STAND for a Governance Position – we need sensible Green people in the room to counter extremist ideologues and help to put our party back on track. Multiple positions are available either on an annual or rolling basis. Green Party Executive – (GPEx – Next election Jul 2024), Green Party Regional Council (GPRC – Next election rolling normally 2 years), Disciplinary Committee (DC – next election rolling dependent upon vacancies), Standing Order Committee (SOC – Next election Oct 2024) Drop us a line and let us know if you are interested in standing at a national level, if you’re curious one of our team can give you more information about what’s involved.
- VOLUNTEER to support our campaign. Drop us a line at email@example.com to let us know you want to help. We’d love to hear from you.